29.1.09

Read Old Archives of Chandamama


When I was studying fifth standard, one day, I came home from school after lunch break. I used to study in my mother’s school and she is scared of sending me alone anywhere. So, when she was not feeling well and wanted to go home, she brought me home as well. My sister is not yet home and I was alone. We used to have a stack of old copies of the Telugu children’s magazine Chandamama in a cupboard. Infact, my grand father is buying every issue of the magazine (even now) since its inception in 1947. I casually picked a copy of it. Once I completed reading the issue, I got addicted to it. I even bunked school feigning stomach pain and read issue after issue till I completed all of them. It was simply an experience I would never forget. It also introduced me to the world of books. I turned a vociferous reader, first of children’s magazines, then children’s books, comics and upgraded to others one after the other.

Chandamama which was initially owned by Vijaya Publications which is owned by the legendary film making production company Vijaya Productions, later changed hands. Now, in 2009 it turned digital as well. Some of the archives of the magazine dating back to 1940s to 1980s are digitized and kept for the fans of the magazine to feast upon. Do not miss them.

Here is the link



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am not able to go to the link to read old chandamama books I love them and i am searching for a long time to read them.